Playing Online Keno
If you are looking for a casino game based solely on luck, then online keno may be just the game for you. Whether you are new to the game or have experience playing it online, Keno is a fan favorite and one of the most popular games to play at land-based and online casinos due to its simplicity. Many online casinos offer online keno in their portfolio, with many even featuring different variants to suit all needs.
Online Keno Basics
Playing real money keno is exciting and pretty straightforward. Playing for real money means you buy from 1 to 20 ‘spots’ on the keno grid with the hopes of getting matching numbers. Spots are like lottery numbers, so the more you match, the more you win.
Most keno variants have the same amount of numbers drawings, which are generally numbers 1 through 80, while players are allowed to buy up to 20 numbers. Twenty numbers are then drawn and you have the chance to get some matches.
That said, the chances of getting all 20 matches are 1 in 3.5 quintillion!
How to Play Keno Online
As mentioned before, online keno is a very easy game to play. Keno can be considered a lottery game, which means it is completely based on luck. In each game, players must choose numbers (known as spots) with the hopes of these numbers being chosen in the next drawing. Players can usually choose between one and 20 picks, with different prizes available for different spots you choose.
During a drawing, 20 numbers are picked between 1 and 80. Once these numbers are chosen, whether you win or not depends on how many matches appear on your ticket. If you land enough matches, you will win a prize.
The amount of numbers that must be matched and the prizes vary depending on the kind of ticket you have chosen.
Let’s Practice for Free First!
There’s no better way to learn than by jumping in feet first and playing straight away. This is a modern online keno game from Bovada that you can play for free before trying to play for real money.
Unlike other online keno games, it’s also handily mobile friendly so very useful when you want to play from your cell or tablet device.
Step-by-Step Guide to Playing Online Keno
While the game is easy in itself, it is still worthwhile to understand how to play so that you can get the most out of your playing experience. Here we offer a step-by-step guide to help you play the exciting game of online keno.
- Select an online keno game – The first step would be to choose an online casino at which to play. As many online gamers know, there are many options available for you, so make the decision on what online casino works best for you and check to see if they have online keno available to play for real money. Check the casino’s selection of keno variants, which each has slightly different rules, before signing up to the casino.
- Select numbers on the keno grid – Once you have joined an online casino and chosen your preferred online keno variant, it’s time to start playing. You will be able to select your chosen numbers using your mouse. Players can choose as many or as few numbers as you like from the grid, which consists of 80 different numbers. That said, there is typically a minimum and maximum amount of numbers you can select during a keno game. Standard rule of thumb is that the minimum is 1 and the maximum is 20, although this depends largely on the keno variant you are playing.
- Choose how much to bet – Once you have selected your numbers, you must select the amount you want to wager. The amount you are able to bet will depend on the casino you are playing at and will vary. That said, there is a generally a minimum of 5.00 and a maximum of 10.00, although, again, this depends on the variant you are playing. Something worth noting – once you have selected your numbers and chosen your wager amount, the decision cannot be changed, so be sure what you want to do before making any movements.
- Wait for the result – Once you have made your bet and pressed ‘Play One’ or ‘Play Five’, the numbers are drawn, and you will see if you have won or not. If you chose ‘Play One’, the numbers that will be drawn is valid for one game, while ‘Play Five’ means it is valid for five consecutive games.
Online Keno Strategy
While Keno is a game of chance, many experts have come up with some tips, tricks and strategies to help increase your odds and just enjoy an overall more successful and exciting experience.
- Don’t choose a lot of numbers – While the more numbers you select means more chances of matches, it also means more money you have to bet. Players should find the right balance, although it is recommended that you choose between 4 and 5 spots at a time.
- Check out the welcome bonus – Most online casinos offer welcome bonuses, so it is advised to sign up to one that boasts a really generous sign up bonus. In this way, you can claim the bonus and use the free money to play online keno without having to really spend any of your own funds. Once you have a better feel for the game and found the perfect amount of numbers to spot, you can start using your own money.
- Manage your bankroll – Like with any casino game, it is important to manage your bankroll. Give yourself a limit and only play with money you can afford to lose. Do not spend all your money on betting the max amount of numbers as this is the easiest way to lose it all without any rewards.
Best Places to Play in USA
Ok so now that we understand the rules and strategy of online keno, where’s the best place to play online?
For USA players, we have a list of online casinos available here. However let’s look at the popular casinos and what Keno games they have specifically:
BetOnline have the most Keno variations available for US players. They offer 5 different titles which are:
Bovada currently has 2 Keno variations to choose from. These are:
International Online Casinos
If you are not from USA you are in luck because there are also live keno options available!
1xBet seems to be one of the very few casinos that offer it. Have a look at the following video to see what it’s like:
Keno’s a great game to just have a punt, relax and enjoy the show. It is a simple game that’s easy to learn and relies purely on luck which also makes it appealing since there aren’t a whole bunch of rules to learn like other games.
There’s plenty of options to play keno online and many casinos offer multiple variations of it to keep things interesting. Live keno is also available but unfortunately there are no US casinos as of yet which offer it.