The Ultimate Guide to Casino Deposit Options: How to Fund Your Account
Although many gamblers switched from land-based casinos to online operators in the past several years, moving money to and from your account on the Internet still remains a mystery to some people.
Luckily, we are here to explain some basic things when it comes to funding your casino account quickly and without beating about the bush too much. Depositing with the right method is important since it will guarantee that your money is safe and that you will not have to pay for any unnecessary fees. You should also know that plenty of these methods don’t work both ways, meaning that you while you might be able to deposit using one particular method, it does NOT mean you can withdraw using the same.
In this guide, we will explain in detail how to make a deposit and which casino deposit options to use when gambling online.
Different Types of Casino Deposit Options
Depositing methods can be classified into several different types. The most common methods are credit/debit cards and eWallets, but you can also use plenty of online banking services, direct bank transfers, and, since recently, cryptocurrencies.
Credit and Debit Cards
Although many new payment options appeared over the last several years, most gamblers still use credit and debit cards as their number one choice for depositing. Here are the most popular services of this kind that almost every online casino accepts:
- Visa – The most widely used credit card service in the world is Visa. By being available in almost every corner of the globe, Visa is ideal for players who reside in smaller countries and who are restricted from using some other methods. Maximum deposit limits could be a bit low for some gamblers, but that depends on the website as well.
- MasterCard – Similar to Visa, MasterCard is a convenient way to fund your casino account. Rarely will you find an operator which does not accept this payment method, and of course, you can also use it for withdrawals.
- American Express – While it is one of the most prestigious credit card brands in the world today, American Express is not used as a casino deposit option as frequently as Visa and MasterCard. American players often use this method, but operators based outside of the US often don’t include it as a deposit option.
The digital age made us get used to the idea of paying for things over the Internet. This saw the rise of eWallets — payment services specifically designed for paying and receiving money through the World Wide Web.
Since they are convenient and allow for fast transactions, eWallets quickly became one of the most popular online casino deposit options. The main advantage of eWallets over credit cards is that you don’t have to leave your banking details to the operator. Therefore, your sensitive information is safe. All you need to do is provide the casino with your eWallet information, which in some cases only includes an email address.
Here are a few popular eWallet services which are often seen in online casinos:
- PayPal – Being available in almost 200 countries and with an option for more than 20 different currencies, PayPal still holds the throne when it comes to eWallets. You can open a PayPal account in minutes by simply selecting your country of residence and providing an active email address. You can connect your PayPal account to your bank and transfer money seamlessly. Many casinos accept PayPal as a deposit option and transaction are usually completed in minutes.
- Skrill – Previously named MoneyBookers, Skrill is yet another in the line of well-known casino deposit options. While PayPal is found only on some major online casinos, medium-sized and small online operators accept Skrill much more frequently. You can also get a MasterCard card with your account and transfer money in over 40 different currencies.
- Neteller – Just like the previous two services, Neteller is an eWallet popular among many gamblers. Plenty of online casinos offer this deposit option. Additionally, you can get a Net+ MasterCard card connected to your account and use it to pay for services or withdraw money from ATMs.
The best way to keep track of your gambling budget is to order a prepaid card. Some services which we mentioned, like Visa and Skrill, offer prepaid cards which are very easy to use. Just put the desired amount on your card and use it to deposit that money into your casino account.
The most widely accepted prepaid card among casino deposit options is Paysafecard card. It is available in over 40 countries and offers you several popular currencies to choose from. Union Pay is another prepaid service, and while it’s available in over 100 countries, including the US, it’s a bit rarer when it comes to online casinos.
Online Banking Transfers
Connecting your bank account directly to the casino is another way of depositing that’s very popular. There are a few services of this kind that can be used by players from certain countries:
- iDebit – This is a Canadian-only online banking service currently supported by several banks. Simply create an account and connect it to your bank. Use the same banking credentials to deposit or withdraw money from an online casino which accepts this payment option.
- InstaDebit – Yet another online banking service that caters to Canadian customers, InstaDebit is often found as one of the casino deposit options on many websites. This service claims to support every financial institution in Canada, so linking it to your existing bank account should be easy.
- Giropay – German players love Giropay since it allows them to instantly transfer money to their casino accounts from over 1500 German banks. This service is mostly accepted on European casino sites.
Direct Bank Transfers
Even though this method is a little outdated, it still exists as one of the most common casino deposit options.
The main advantage of direct bank transfers is that you will usually have higher limits for depositing, so if you’re a “high roller”, this option is ideal for you. The downside, however, is that transaction times are much longer than with some other methods — you might have to wait several business days for the money to get transferred to your casino account.
Many people still don’t quite understand how cryptocurrencies work, but that’s a topic for another article. If you are, however, familiar with cryptocurrencies, you will be happy to know that you can use this method on a lot of online casino operators nowadays.
The best thing about this method is that you remain anonymous and don’t have to share any of your banking details with the operator. Also, the deposit limits are high and there are no transaction fees included.
Fees, Limits, Transaction Times, and Possible Restrictions
All casino deposit options look great until you learn about their fees. Transaction fees mostly depend on the casino website itself, and some are higher than others. For this reason, it is best to check the terms and conditions page on each website and see whether you can find some information regarding deposit fees for different payment options.
Deposit limits might also be troublesome for some gamblers. Again, that depends on the casino itself, so you should check the T&C page. Crypto deposits usually have the highest limits, while prepaid cards and certain eWallets tend to have the lowest.
As for transaction times, most methods allow you to deposit money into a casino account almost instantly. There are a few exceptions, like the direct bank transfer, for example.
Make sure that a payment method you chose is accepted on the website that you are planning to gamble on. Also, check whether any of these payment methods are available in your country of residence to begin with.